Thursday, May 21, 2009

A little history

The name of this blog, in my eyes, has two of the best words in it. "Serendipity" and "Oddity"; these two words are not only fun to say (as they roll of your tongue and make you smile), but their meanings are lovely.
"Serendipity" is a word from the Persian fairy tale The Three Princes of Serendip. It dates back to 1754 and it means: "the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for; also: an instance of this (you found my blog...)" (cited from www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary).
Of course this word was made famous by the movie, "Serendipity" that was surrounded by "the delicious little patisserie" which is Serendipity 3, located in New York City.
"Oddity" is a word that means "an odd person, thing, event or trait; the quality or state of being odd" (cited from www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary)

I look for the different things in life, I try to keep my eyes open for interesting and mind-boggling people and places. I want to stand out and be different, I do not shy away from being called odd.
Please enjoy my blog and visit often.

No comments:

Post a Comment